Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter is a server program that assists with achieving mission-critical business goals to attain a high level of reliability and uptime. Enterprises that need server applications on a large-scale basis can trust on Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter compared to other Windows Server 2008 R2 versions.
Organisations that have been using Datacenter editions of Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2000 can opt for a free upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter.
- Supports BranchCache, wherein client computers positioned in local or satellite offices are given access to the primary server of the main office so they can obtain content in a secure manner
- Provide full solution to arrange and utilise high performance distribution enterprise applications through the use of the Application Server feature
- Allow companies to acquire non-proprietary servers and to give the operating system a chance to depend on supportability, reliability, and enterprise-level tasks
- Include Network Policy and Access Services to provide connections to remote and local networks as well as to give network administrators the authority to run client health guidelines and network access
- Go well with companies that use a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 64 processors and require 2TB of RAM
- Advance virtualisation by using Hyper-V technology that allows the production and administration of virtual computing environment, where many operating systems are running simultaneously and computing sources are used effectively
- Embrace various server roles, including file services to let users search for file faster, store data, copy file, and a lot more; fax servers to deliver and receive faxes; and print and document services to perform network printer and print server responsibilities
Minimum System Requirements
- 1.4GHz (x64 processor)
- Super VGA or greater resolution screen (800 x 600)
- 512 MB RAM
- 10 GB Available Disk Space